Friday, July 3, 2009

sweet child o' mine

me, at dinner, trying to educate my daughter on the delights of my  music, 80's rock.


chellam, cutting into my rapturous speech on the boss - oh i know rock. it's your pink floyd and guns n' roses and *andha kaalam bands like that.

me - (ignoring the andha kaalam reference, and quite impressed that she's actually knows some names) yes kanna, when we get home ill give you some of their music to put on your ipod.

chellam - sure ma. by the way, this guns n' roses thingy, are they like, as good as...mmmm.........  justin timberlake?

me, lost for words. completely.

now to find a wall and bang my head on it till pain takes the sound of those words away! 

andha kaalam -literal translation:- those days. 
implication:- stuff you like to think fondly of, which has no relevance to my life in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment