Friday, July 3, 2009

homework time, 3 vignettes

chellam - ma, is 39 the cube of anything?


me - mmm...13?

chellam, bursting into laughter - ma, you're hopeless with numbers, aren't you?

me, trying to look intimidating  - want to play a game of scrabble with me?

she quickly gets back to her maths

*****

chellam - ma, did that doctor call to thank you after you sent the money?

me - nope

chellam - so it was like throwing the money into a dustbin, right?

*****

chellam - ma, can i have a sip of your wine?

me, glaring at her

chellam - just one teensy weensy sip, please

i hand her the glass. she takes a small sip.

chellam - mmm...nice

takes a bigger gulp and her face twists into indescribably horrible shapes

chellam - slightly sour, no?

i burst into laughter

No comments:

Post a Comment